This year, fall seems to have come faster than I was ready. Maybe it's the heat, but my fall spirit has not really kicked into gear yet. I even have decorations lying around that I have not been inspired enough to slap up on these very much needy walls. Instead today, I cleaned. For hours. Then researched fall things we might do. So here is my annual list of goals and ideas, tailored for this year. I used last year's list as a model to go off of. Some of this we will certainly get to, others, we will see. :)
I feel a bit more of the fall spirit coming on, as it helps that Halloween and Fall decorations are coming out into play more in our neighborhood, and even with a glittering pumpkin at my work!
Happy Fall '14!
- Decorate the house for fall
- Make Pumpkin Apple Muffins with Caleb!
- Make soup, maybe Italian Wedding Soup
- Bake a fresh apple pie
- Fall cartoon and apple cider
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Decorate or carve a pumpkin
- Roast marshmallows over a fire
- Bake pumpkin bread
- Play a board game
- Eat breakfast for dinner
- Take a family photo
- Attend a fall festival
- Or maybe just go to a place like Irvine Regional Park or Santiago Oaks Canyon.
- Make pumpkin pie
- Go on a nature walk and collect leaves
- Have a picnic
- Perhaps at Fullerton Arboretum.
- Fall art/craft ideas:
- Tree of Gratitude
- Trick or Treat in the neighborhood
- Halloween costume shop
- Read Halloween/Thanksgiving books
- Halloween home dance party?