The rain has been glorious. While I have been a bummed about being grounded in not being able to embark on any hikes or outdoor day trips, it's been lovely to have the rain again. Caleb reacquainted with puddles.
We also briefly went to The Lab today. This was Caleb's favorite part.
This morning Caleb woke me up and told me I needed to make him breakfast. I got out of bed, did the eggs and toast routine, and wanted nothing more than to cuddle back into bed. I decided to allow Caleb to watch Magic School Bus, while I enjoyed the couch. He happened to watch two episodes about storms and the water cycle. Pretty fitting :).
Later today, after naptime, I decided it was a perfect time to make homemade play dough with Caleb for the first time ever. It was a success, of course.
Here's what we did:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- food coloring
- In a pot, mix together all the ingredients except for the food coloring.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring.
- Once it begins to thicken, add the food coloring and mix it in.
- Continue to stir as the mixture thickens into dough.
- Remove from the pan to cool on wax paper or a plate
Out of the four colors we had, Caleb choose to make pink play dough. And with that, he created a construction scene with his crane truck, excavator, loaders, rollers, etc. It kept him creative and occupied for awhile, which makes me a happy mama! He usually asks to watch movies at any chance he gets. I usually say no because I want him to do other things. Today, this is what we did instead. So much better.
Have a happy rainy day friends! It is lovely out.